Information System Technologist II (DRTS)
Senior Information System Technologist II– Fort Carson
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. (PLI) recognized on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America, is looking for talent that can easily integrate into a success-oriented team environment where the focus on positive customer engagement and outcomes in the form of superior quality and on time delivery permeates its culture.
PLI is an industry recognized leader in the manufacturing of wire harnesses and electronic components in the commercial aerospace and defense sectors and excels in the government maintenance, simulation and training services marketspace as well.
Phoenix Logistics Inc. is seeking a Sr. Information Systems Technologist (IST) to provide system administration, network management, software troubleshooting, and mission support for the communication of the Digital Range Training System (DRTS) components that comprise the Sustainable Range Program (SRP). This position is in support of the Army Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations (TADSS) Maintenance Program (ATMP) Contract. The IST position assists the customer by operating TADSS workstations and providing familiarization training on DRTS ranges. The IST is responsible for:
- Performing systems engineering, software installation, test and validation, system interface, monitoring, analysis, troubleshooting, repair, and verification to ensure fully operational Server Systems, Work Station and the Digital Range Training System remains fully mission capable in accordance with all user manuals, sustainment and life-cycle management practices.
- Providing immediate resolution of system problems/failures that occur during operations.
- Assisting with data compilation and analysis, test setup and execution of all special tests and related data collection activities.
- Supporting test conductor in the development of special test scripts and test requirements.
- Provide higher level of operational support with running system diagnostics and analysis of results.
- Providing software and operations support in analog and digital simulations, live operations, system performance checks, and other system specifics as requested.
- Communication of the Digital Range Training System (DRTS).
- Working under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and is responsible for direct reporting in his or her absence.
- Ensuring that the network and AAR equipment is fully operational and available for scheduled support missions.
- Receives the Government-furnished exercise information and ensures the DRTS equipment is prepared IAW unit scenarios.
- Managing DRTS hardware and software including the system network and the exercise database.
- Possible travel to locations to support program requirements.
- Manages DRTS hardware and software including the system network and the exercise database.
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Math.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in technical engineering support of field operations working with server, computer systems software and operations in assessing and correcting faulty equipment.
- Experience working with Audio and Video capture equipment.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent teaming skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work under stress, able to support across multiple disciplines, and flexible to travel to support other ATMP sites.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, customer service and decision-making skills
- Gain access to the LT2 Portal.
- Knowledge of analog/digital hardware design.
- Familiarity with Network equipment configuration/setup (routers switches etc.)
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on TADSS operation
- 4 years’ experience as a Computer Operator or related position
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a valid driver’s license and On-Post driving privileges
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexualorientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected VeteranStatus, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, orlocal law.