Supervisor (AWSS) – Killeen, TX
Supervisor (AWSS) – Killeen, TX
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. (PLI) recognized on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America, is looking for talent that can easily integrate into a success-oriented team environment where the focus on positive customer engagement and outcomes in the form of superior quality and on time delivery permeates its culture.
PLI is an industry recognized leader in the manufacturing of wire harnesses and electronic components in the commercial aerospace and defense sectors and excels in the government maintenance, simulation and training services marketspace as well.
Phoenix Logistics is currently seeking applicants for Aerial Weapons Scoring System (AWSS) Supervisor at Killeen, TX. This position will be on the ATMP (Army Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations Maintenance Program) contract for the Aerial Weapons Scoring System (AWSS).
Ensure all AWSS Team members are properly trained, equipped, and prepared for conducting scoring operations. Attend, provide subject matter expertise, and brief at AWSS PMRs, IPTs, Scheduling conferences, and various other AWSS related meetings and events. Maintain and update the AWSS training, integration, system upgrade and gunnery schedules with PEO-STRI and FORSCOM. Examples are:
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills and able to supervise a large workforce
- Ability to work out of scope tasks and cross utilize resources as required
- Implement and maintain an environmental health and safety program
- Must be team oriented, good character judgment, Ethical decision making, have a strong regard to safety.
- Supervise a team of hourly technicians and ensure compliance with Phoenix Logistics Incorporated directives and industry regulations.
- Strong understanding of Risk Management and Risk Mitigation.
- Brief system users on the capabilities and limitations of the AWSS
- Provide logistical support for the AWSS Teams (to include travel itineraries, freight shipping plans, and assignment of Team members to support gunnery scoring events)
- Provide applicable staff members with the data and information needed to maintain internal tracking systems
This position may require travel to other installations and other ATMP locations throughout CONUS and OCONUS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or another closely related business field or 5+ years of experience with Preventative Maintenance, Logistics Planning or Reliability Engineering in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience operating and maintaining the AWSS or similar system.
- Shift work when needed in order to accomplish mission support requirements.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a valid driver’s license and On-Post driving privileges
- Able to Operate SYSCON and EXCON work stations on the Digital Range Training System.
- Capacity to communicate effectively, articulate business goals, company policies, terms and conditions as well as opportunities and risks.
- Must have proven experience working cross-functionally with leaders at all levels, customers and technicians alike.
- Understanding of the requirements associated with Property Management of Government owned property
- Able to travel with short notice.
- Proven capability and strong desire to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Recent supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, customer service and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Project) applications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Employee must be able to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate, within multiple training domains and/or work site locations.
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Secret Clearance required