Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC) Instructor/Operator
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. is currently seeking an applicant for Instructor/Operator position at Camp Ripley, MN. This position will be in support of the Army Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC) Program.
The MSTC Instructor/Operator is responsible for delivering effective medical training with a standardized training platform for both classroom and simulated battlefield conditions, as well as supporting training for medical and non-medical personnel including Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard, with priority given to deploying units.
The MSTC Instructor/Operator provides medical training and education on new battlefield procedures and equipment, while affording military members the ability to provide comprehensive training in several formats such as the classroom setting, practical hands-on training simulation, trauma lanes, and distance learning. Each MSTC configuration consists of a Virtual Patient System (VPS) that contains all the MSTC training devices and critical technologies. Training devices include bleed/breath patient simulators, dead-weighted simulators, airway management simulators, partial task trainers and moulage kits that replicate the trauma of multiple wound sites on a single patient.
This is a full-time position with the MSTC.
- Serves as a medical educator for Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC). Instruction will include didactic and psychomotor in both academic and field settings for the following areas and subjects; EMT, Tactical Casualty Combat Care (TC3) combat trauma simulation and its application, medical evacuation, force protection, CBRNE and limited primary care.
- Assist with planning and conduct field training exercises (FTX) using special effects equipment (pyro, and fog machines) to create life like combat scenarios.
- Operate and maintain Human Patient Simulators (HPS), and partial task trainers, to include, scenario building, and moulage.
- Conducts necessary research to develop and revise simulation exercises and assess student s critical thinking skills and psychomotor skills of students within the classroom or laboratory and determines if students are qualified to meet either initial or recertification of various professional and non-professional certifications and/or licensures.
- Review of lesson plans prior to presentation to students. Completed work is evaluated by analysis of end-or-course student critiques, analysis of student test results, or through occasional monitoring of the course progress.
- Assists in the design and development of technical training programs and curriculums, both on-site and on-line, for employees on various software and/or hardware applications and systems.
- Instructor also teaches short technical courses in accordance with approved curriculum to maintain proficiency and to evaluate and develop new instructional techniques/courses.
- Job duties include the following: incorporation of new curriculum in the teaching process (e. g., develops clarification or examples of application related to the subject matter).
- Development and maintenance of classroom techniques that reflect professionalism and good discipline and enhance teaching.
- Development of alternative teaching techniques and scenarios to maintain high motivation and interest in the subject areas.
- While acting as the testing officer, the conducting of test analysis and development or revision of test items
- Minimum of an Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, in a related discipline.
- Candidate must include Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) National Registry Number within their resume.
- Must have and maintain NREMT Emergency Medical Technician (any level) certification.
- Paramedic certification preferred
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of instructor experience within the past 5 years, and a minimum of 4 years in the past 8 years as a health care provider.
- Must have and maintain either an American Heart Association (AHA) or an American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) Basic Life Support, Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) provider certification. Obtain and maintain BLS-HCP Instructor certification as required by MSTC site.
- All contract Instructor personnel must meet the applicable instructor requirements as directed and provided by AMEDDC&S.; Contract Civilian Instructors are required to be in one of the following categories: current in and maintain National Registry EMT at any level and either a former 68W (BNCOC Graduate) or 18D NCO (BNCOC Graduate); current in and maintain National Registry EMT at any level and a NEC 8404 or Navy Independent Duty Corpsman E-6 or above; current in and maintain National Registry EMT at any level and an Air Force 4NOX1 or an Independent Duty Medical Technician (4NOX1) E-6 or above; a Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant or Physician.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain an active/valid US security clearance.
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Combat medical experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in course development and education methodology.
- Communication skills to write training manuals and procedures.
- Presentation skills to train and educate students/ employees on technical material and applications.
- Interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of students/ employees.
- Comprehension skills for understanding products and applying knowledge to presentation.
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Analytical skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student/ employee information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and desire to actively pursue learning opportunities in the technical/engineering and training fields.
- Ability to understand and apply federal, state and local changes to and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to human resources.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Camp Ripley, MN – Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC)
Multiple positions also available CONUS and OCONUS
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.