Senior Technical Aviation Trainer/Site Manager
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. (PLI) recognized on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America, is looking for talent that can easily integrate into a success-oriented team environment where the focus on positive customer engagement and outcomes in the form of superior quality and on time delivery permeates its culture.
PLI is an industry recognized leader in the manufacturing of wire harnesses and electronic components in the commercial aerospace and defense sectors and excels in the government maintenance, simulation and training services marketspace as well.
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. is currently seeking applicants for a Senior Technical Aviation Trainer with additional responsibility as PLI Site Manager at Marana, AZ. The Senior Technical Aviation Trainer/ Site Manager position assists the customer by operating the AVCATT Suite and managing all PLI personnel assigned to Marana, AZ in the operation and maintenance of AVCATT, NCM3, UH-60 A/L and UH-72 TADSS. This position will be in support of the Army Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations (TADSS) Maintenance Program (ATMP) contract for the Aviation Combined Arms Tactical Trainer (AVCATT).
- Generates and controls AVCATT exercise scenarios, mission sets and master event training list objectives to meet military instructors, observer controllers, and unit commanders training objectives and intent.
- Programs battle master controller radio frequencies, weapons configurations, navigation waypoints, target coordinates, and weather environmental parameters. Loads and verifies correct mission task conditions and standards prior to initialization of flight modules.
- Operates workstations including After Action Review (AAR), Semi-Automated Forces (SAF), and other control consoles and provides guidance to exercise participants manning the role player stations.
- Develops and manages electronic files containing overlays, scenarios, and user provided portable flight planning software, (PFPS), files for use during future training iterations.
- Supports aviation training exercises in preparation for actual real life deployments.
- Performs flight modules reconfigurations in a daily basis, PMCS of equipment and assists technicians with system availability
- This position may require travel to other installations and other ATMP locations throughout CONUS and OCONUS.
- Manages all PLI personnel, operations, maintenance and customer interface in the execution of ATMP operations located in Marana, AZ.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, engineering or related field
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on US Army Aviation Mission Sets, Combined Arms, Joint and Coalition Operations
- 3 to 5 years AVCATT TADSS training and operation experience.
- Former Military Experience as an Aviation Battalion and or Brigade Commander or DoD Service equivalent
- Army Aviation Master Aviator or equivalent; Combat Experience desired
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a valid driver’s license and On-Post driving privileges
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, customer service and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is performed in a computer simulation type setting. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Employee must be able to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
Secret Security Clearance Required